Terms & Conditions
Skye House Villa is managed by Eden Villas Management (Pvt) Ltd.
Eden Villas Management (Pvt) Ltd Terms and Conditions
1. Enquiries do not constitute a confirmation of booking. Eden Villas Management (Pvt) Ltd (EVM) will place the villa on HOLD but cannot take responsibility if the villa has been booked by another party by the time the deposit or payment has been received. Enquiries only become CONFIRMED bookings when payment has been received.
2. All Villas have a minimum number of 2 night bookings for most of the year.
3. Bookings over peak periods will require a minimum of 3 night bookings.
4. Christmas and New Year will require a minimum number of 7 nights booking.
5. Shorter booking periods may be arranged with agreement of the villa owner.
6. It is mandatory and a condition of booking that you have arranged for adequate travel and medical insurance before traveling to Sri Lanka.
7. Bookings may be amended up to 30 days before the arrival date, but will incur a USD 150.00 administration fee for each change made. If there are increases in the rates between the old and new booking dates, you will be liable to pay the difference.
1. Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the agreement.
2. All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made. Any and all bank charges incurred due to bank transfer are for you to pay. EVM will confirm the amount received.
3. Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
4. Bookings made within 30 days of the date of arrival, will require full payment.
5. Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent, listing the complete booking details.
1. A security deposit equivalent of one night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during the stay. The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure.
2. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner or EVM are entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
1. The cost of electricity, mains water, basic cleaning and garden supplies, local taxes, staff salaries and management fees are included in the booking fee. If Internet facilities are available at the property, these will be included too. Laundry facilities may be provided at an additional cost, depending on the property and set up.
2. Typically telephone, provisioning costs, transportation and extra services such as nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization costs will be your responsibility.
3. Gratuities for property staff are encouraged and standard practise but are left to your discretion.
Arrival / Departure Times
1. Arrival time is 2.30pm, departure time 11am.
2. Early check in and late check out may be arranged but are subject to availability and will incur additional costs.
Cancellation and Amendments
1. For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
2. For cancellations and/or amendments 30 – 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
3. For cancellations 1 – 29 days before the arrival date and for no-shows, no refund will be made.
4. During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
5. A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
6. Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
7. Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
8. In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner or by EVM, EVM will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
These cancellation terms apply for regular booking periods, but may be subject to change for peak or high seasons and will be communicated to you in all booking details.
EVM acts as a booking agent between the clients and villa owners and does not determine the individual rental terms, nor is it in a position to negotiate terms independently of the villa owner, unless having been authorized to do so.
Our range of properties is varied and some properties may require guests to be especially aware and respectful if they are located in a residential area. Certain conditions may apply to a particular property such as age limits, no smoking or no pets, which will either be listed on the website or communicated to you during the booking process.
EVM will act on your behalf and will make every effort to find the most suitable property to you and to negotiate all reasonable requests and expectations, to ensure your stay in Sri Lanka is pleasantly memorable and your holiday lives up to expectations.
1. The Property is typically somebody’s home and should be treated accordingly. Any damage or losses to the property or contents during your stay, as well as special cleaning requirements will be charged to you or deducted from your security deposit.
2. Any events or celebrations planned at the property, such as birthdays, anniversary celebrations, weddings or parties involving either more guests than those the property is advertised as being able to sleep or when such an event requires outside catering and or specialists such as DJs, wedding planners, decorations etc. it must be confirmed with the villa owner at the time of booking. Depending on the nature of the event, an additional security deposit and/or event fee may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the booking. Note: Not every Villa Owner allows events to take place at their property and failure to communicate the intention to hold an event at the time of booking, will be considered a breach of these terms and conditions, which may result in you being asked to vacate the Property without compensation.
3. In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss, damage or anti-social behaviour, the villa owner may ask you to vacate the property at any time without compensation or refund.
4. The number of people staying overnight at the villa may not exceed the number (adults and children) given at the time of the booking confirmation, without prior confirmation by the villa owner.
5. The safety and behaviour of all any guests at the property are the sole responsibility of the lead guest who made the booking for renting the property. In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the villa at all times, especially with children. It is the responsibility of the lead guest to ensure that there is suitable adult supervision around pools, beaches and roads and when using all property facilities.
6. All Villas are privately owned and neither the owners nor EVM will be responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The villa owner and EVM will not be responsible for the loss of personal belongings, finances or valuables of any guests during the stay on the property. Adequate travel insurance by for all members of your party is a condition of booking – please see para re Insurance below for more details.
7. You may not make any changes or alternations to the villa or property, such as fixing anything to the walls, removing furniture or art or redecorating any areas of the villa or property.
8. You agree to respect the traditions, customs and laws of Sri Lanka and be respectful towards staff working at the villa, others sharing the property if applicable and of local neighbours and properties.
9. You agree to keep a record of all land line telephone calls made during your stay and to pay such charges and any other charges incurred during your stay before departure from the property.
10. You agree to pay for the washing and repair of any items belonging to the property, which are soiled or damaged during your stay, beyond reasonable wear and tear.
11. You agree to allow the villa owners or EVM, or their representatives, access to the property at any time on reasonable notice, to carry out repairs, which may be necessary during your stay. In cases of emergency, no notice shall be necessary.
12. You may not sublet the property.
13. You may not ask any of the staff to leave the property other than to purchase food or goods that you have requested and provided funds for.
14. You agree to report to the property manager or EVM any disrepair or defect to the property, or items belonging to the property, or issues with villa staff, as soon as possible. To enable EVM to act on your behalf we must be informed directly.
15. Should you have a complaint during your stay, you agree to inform the villa owner or EVM immediately, who will endeavor to address your concern or issue. If no complaint is reported during your stay, EVM and the Owner will assume that your stay was to your satisfaction and no complaint will be entertained once you have left the property. To enable EVM to act on your behalf we must be informed directly.
The Villa Owner and EVM reserve the right to deny you access to or request you to leave the property if you break any of these terms after the confirmation of booking. You will not be entitled to a refund should this happen.
It is a condition of booking that all members of your party are fully covered for travel to and in Sri Lanka, loss, theft and damage of personal effects and for medical insurance, including emergency evacuation and repatriation, before arriving in Sri Lanka.
By confirming a booking through the payment of the deposit or the full payment, you signify that you have arranged for full insurance coverage of everyone in your party and in doing so absolve the owner and EVM or its subsidiaries or representatives of all and any liability whatsoever in this regard.
1. The description of the property and the surrounding locations are provided in good faith and are accurate based on the latest inspection and information received from the villa owner. The villas are typically private homes and with that are not comparable with official tourist structures, hotels or resorts. As such, they do not fall under industry standards and ratings but rather reflect the architecture, furnishings and facilities of the owner’s personal tastes. EVM cannot be held responsible for any modifications, inaccuracies or the general interior design at the time of arrival to the property.
2. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and not as an endorsement by EVM or its subsidiaries. EVM or its subsidiaries are not responsible for the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. However, please do contact us with any comments you may have, which we will either pass on to the website owners or use to determine whether to maintain the link.
3. EVM or its subsidiaries and the villa owner will not be held responsible for any experiences due to external circumstances during your stay. This may include, but is not exclusive to, storms or unpredictable weather conditions, behaviour of locals or others on or around the property, damage or loss of personal property or finances, vehicles, the contents of vehicles and drivers used, hired or engaged by you while on the property or during your stay in Sri Lanka.
4. EVM and the villa owner will not be held responsible for any delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, threatened or actual terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, or any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or other problems or difficulties with the villa which make it unsafe or unusable, or any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God, or other events beyond the villa owner’s control.
5. EVM uses a number of organisations, agents and companies to provide transportation, accommodation or events management throughout Sri Lanka and shall not be held responsible for their conduct and/or injury or loss sustained to, or suffered by any member of the party or their guests, if an agreement has been made with these by your request.
In no case will EVM or the Owner, individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
This agreement will be governed by the laws of Sri Lanka. In the event of controversy arising from the booking and property rental, only the Sri Lankan Courts can deal with the matter.
The payment of the deposit or full payment of the rental fee will constitute your agreement of all terms and conditions of rental as listed above.
If any of the conditions of this agreement are or become or are deemed to be invalid, or if there is any omission from any terms and conditions, the remaining terms and conditions will remain valid and enforceable and cannot be contested.